Sunday, December 28, 2014

Merry X'mas

Merry Xmas to all !

Its been a week of meet up with poly mates, the usual Bl and gang and with the cousins. In between met up with lee jie, Dan , Carine and Arnold for some good food at tony romas and MJ and soccer at Arnold hse.

It seems nthg much has changed for the poly gang, Kel n MY still earning good money with their Sales jobs while cheng wei is still in his procurement role in the pharma company but all 3 has cars..haha..cept me..but cars to me will always be a liability. Glamourous and convenient but the insurance carpark and all the la la cha cha expenses related to the car will surely overwhelm me...MRT and buses are good form of transport esp nw...

Cousins meeting was fun, we played a sort of guessing game using Hui ying phone...fun and engaging, it gt everyone in the hse playing even er pei and er shen...haha...Zhong wang and son came over as well and it was real fun...the experience was good, where genuine and gd pple really come together..you get that picture..er shen cooking was superb and I had 2 serving of her food...yummy...cant wait for CNY to come by to enjoy the companion of the cousins again.

Last but not least,  the highlight was the Xmas eve celebration at EK new hse, a beautiful hse...we had some vodka bought by EL which wasn't too good and gin tonic provided by EK which was superb esp with Lychee tea...woo hoo...played secret santa and yea we knew what we were gg to get...this was gd since we din had to buy or get smthg which we din had any purpose for...gt an invitation from YS and KQ in Jan'15, surprise as I was...I thk they make a good match together...

For me, my work continue to give me the shudders. Can you imagine 2 weeks of continuous checking of payment and journal vouchers, while the boss and her godson touch on the stock take aspect of the company. A stock take has plenty to learn, from the co ordination of the personnel, the stock take sheet, the variance...the adjustments...but yet she din involve me .
She and her godson shares a relationship which is incredibly close, on times when I see her godson ordering her to do stuffs or telling her what to do, I really wanna quit. This job has given me the downs, the esp heavy blues on Mondays.
I ponder for a while and I think I get it...the FM depends on her godson for ard 80% of the company accounts, and with 20% left, the FM does not have anything to teach me...imagine, you yourself are lost and unaware a lot of the stuffs gg on...you employ someone directly below you and you have nth to teach him...while the person with 80% knowledge is pretty stingy on his knowledge....I try to tell myself such stuffs happens anywhere but I thk this has reach a point where the FM leaves me dangling and not really telling me whether I am confirmed or not confirmed....I have decided to leave.
I din know that Keppel was such a good place until now...the current workplace teaches you to play Taiji, to correct pple unnecessarily, to throwback stuff to pple...but 0 accounting knowledge and worse, to pick up knowledge from a person who have yet to graduate from SIM accounting degree...I kinda have enough of such BS...I mean the colleagues there are good, with plenty of after work activites and friendly and funny pple....but if you drag your feet to work everyday, your attitude towards ur frens and family memebers worsen because of the work...I am gonna call it quits..

Alrite, it has been a struggle for the past 2 mths on whether should I quit. But since the job has such an adverse impact on my personal life....I shld jus follow what my heart tells me...heck that resume impact on a 6 mths job...the ball is in my court now...

Take Care.

No comments: